History of The Association
The Association was founded in 1908 in Manchester, as The Chums Benevolent Association. Two years later, it adopted the present title of The Catenian Association.
Taking its name from the Latin catena for a chain, the Association is organised into local “Circles“. Circles are grouped into Provinces, and there are circle throughout Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, Malta, Goa, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
History of Knutsford Circle
Knutsford Circle was founded in 1958. Centered on the parish of Knutsford and the surrounding area, it includes members from Lymm, Chelford and Holmes Chapel. The Circle is part of Province 17, which covers approximately the old county of Cheshire.